- Digestive issues such as stomach pain, gas cramps or bloating, heartburn or acid reflux, nausea, diarrhea, constipation or IBS
- Pains such as headaches, migraines, joint pain, muscle aches or abdominal cramps
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Chronic fatigue
- Thyroid issues
- Persistent nutrient deficiencies (iron, vitamin D, B vitamins, and others)
- Inflammation in your joints
Keeping a food log and tracking what you eat when most symptoms occur can help identify the cause of these issues. Another way is to go on an elimination diet, which involves completely removing any suspect food items from your diet until you are symptom-free. You then reintroduce the foods, one at a time. This can help you pinpoint foods that cause these symptoms.