If you find yourself more excited to sleep than get the mojo going for some time now, then perhaps you got to be alarmed as your libido may need a booster shot already. But that (thankfully) doesn’t mean you have to search for exotic foods from very faraway lands to get back in the mood. In fact, all it takes is adding some key foods into your diet like the ones below to ensure you and your partner a successful session between the sheets.
Foods to Rev Up Your Sex Life
- Avocado. Did you know that the ancient Aztec word for avocado is “ahuacatl” which basically means “testicle”? Well, it was originally named for its shapely form, but these days, I’d say its title fits because of its reputation as a matchless aphrodisiac. Avocados are high in folic acid and heart-healthy fats which are both useful in increasing the body’s energy. Also, this tasty fruit is rich in Vitamin B6 (which enhances male hormone production) and potassium (which regulates females’ thyroid gland); thus, making it a great sex drive-booster for both men and women.
- Chocolates. Another good reason for you to love this processed form from cacao beans is its effect in boosting up libido. The Journal of Sexual Medicine has published a study which reveals that women who ate chocolates regularly wanted and enjoyed sex more than those who ate little to no chocolate. This could have been due to the fact that chocolates lower stress levels and increase blood flow as well as serotonin and dopamine levels. So try sharing a bar of chocolate with your partner to keep both of you in the mood.
- Watermelon. This mouth-watering lycopene-rich fruit has been found to have ingredients that set off Viagra-like effect on the body’s blood vessels which help in intensifying one’s libido. Some experts even call it the new Viagra because of the phytonutrient (called citrulline) it contains which when converted into arginine (an amino acid that increases nitric oxide levels in the body) can relax the blood vessels in the same way a medication meant for erectile dysfunction does.
- Almonds. As you all know, almonds have long stood as an emblem representing fertility. In fact, according to some folklore, just the scent of it can be an aphrodisiac to women. Now, experts are bringing more fodder to this unshakable myth. Almonds are rich in elements like zinc and selenium which are both important for reproductive health. The omega-3 fatty acids found in it are also great boosters for blood circulation; hence, a healthy libido enhancer for either gender.
- Berries. Keep the bedroom boredom at bay by eating some of these really delicious fruits. Whether it’s a strawberry, blueberry, or a raspberry, note that they are all loaded with Vitamins C and E which help boost libido and leave one’s skin feeling supple and even more sensitive. While blueberries are rich in Vitamin B which encourages healthy kidney function (that’s BTW vital for a strong sex drive), black raspberries, on the other hand, are rich in phytochemicals which help enhance not just one’s mood but sexual endurance, too!